Guidelines for submission of abstracts
The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for presentation at the 21st Annual Meeting of the Swiss Stroke Society. The event will take place in Lausanne, 11 January 2018.
Deadline for abstract submission:
Thursday, 16 November 2017 23:59h CET
In order to standardize the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
Topics for Abstract Submission
Authors are requested to select a topic under which they wish their abstract to be reviewed:
- Stroke Syndromes and vasculitis
- Hyper acute stroke management, thrombolysis, thrombectomy, prehospital phase
- Stroke prevention
- Stroke care
- Intracranial haemorrhage, subarachnoid haemorrhage & aneurysms
- Abstracts may be submitted only via the online submission system. Abstracts submitted via fax or E-Mail will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English and presented in English (or German or French). Please use UK English spelling.
- The abstract text may not be longer than 250 words, excluding authors, disclosures and the title.
- Following structure will be required:
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text but do not define in the title.
- Maximum one table or image may be included in the abstract in high resolution jpg format.
- The corresponding author is responsible for informing the co-authors about the status of the abstract. Please make sure that the corresponding/presenting author’s E-mail address as well as full name is correct.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress. Poster presenters must be present and stand by their poster during the poster session.
- Authors should indicate their preferred presentation method:
- Poster presentation only
- Oral or poster presentation
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted please contact the congress secretariat per email: abstracts[at]congrex.com. Please note that alterations cannot be made after the above mentioned abstract deadline.
Notification for authors
Abstracts are subject to approval by the Programme Committee and to final assignment for inclusion in the programme as an oral or poster presentation. Authors will be notified by E-mail (therefore it is essential that you indicate your correct E-mail address) in December 2017. Full instructions concerning the preparation and presentation will be included.
Prizes will be awarded to the best 2 oral presentations. All abstracts are listed for the prize, no additional application needed.
If you need any assistance with the abstract submission, please contact abstracts[at]congrex.com
Hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday – Friday during CET business hours)